Surge Protection Devices
To save the system from different magnitudes of surge voltages, the capacity or magnitude of the arrestor varies. The amplitude can range from a few millivolts to some ten thousand volts. Schneider Electric India comes with a series of surge protection devices that can be installed in the system to ensure protection from over or under voltage. To use this, install a plug-in, point-of-use electrical surge protector. The device can be plugged into a grounded electrical outlet or can be directly connected into the appliance. Lightning protective devices are developed, tested, and classified according to their international series of product standards, and they have defined surge protection functions and performance parameters to make them suitable for use with similar protection concepts.
Hence, it is imperative to have a surge protection device to safeguard your house, family, colleagues and friends from any harm. Every year, many electronic devices get damaged due to transient voltages. This major mishap is protected by surge protection devices. Surge protectors are also used in electrical installation systems for protecting them.
Schneider offers a wide variety of surge protectors that help in keeping your loved ones safe. Their Acti 9 range of surge protectors have been in demand since its inception and is preferred by almost every household and construction projects. You can know more about this product here.
What is a SPD ?
Acti9 iPF K
- Modular surge arresters Type 2, from 20 kA – 65 kA
- Multiple-pole or single-pole products for assembly
- Signaling on device for indication of the end of life
- Contacts for the remote transfer of end-of-life information.
Acti9 iPRF1, PRD1
- Type 1+2, compliant with IEC/EN 61643-11:2011
- 12.5 kA for iPRF1 12.5r is suitable for buildings with protection levels III and IV
- 25 kA for PRD1 25r and 35 kA for PRD1 Master are suitable for buildings with protection levels I and II
- Telcon and IT networks surge protection devices
- Devices can be quickly implemented on any DC or AC low current line
- Fully compatible with XDSL (including ADSL)
- Analogue or digital series-mounted telephone line d1 protection
- Type 2 Surge Protection Devices with integrated disconnector
- Choice of fixed or withdrawable surge arresters
- Maximum continuous operating voltage, Uc = 264 V, 350 V (iQuick-PRD)
- Maximum discharge current from 8 kA to 65 kA